Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Decor

I know that I had promised you my awesome recipe for sugar cookies the last couple of days but between battling a migraine and the 6th grade fundraiser I am in charge of it will have to wait a day or two.  I will get it posted though...I promise.

I had such an overwhelming response (thank you) to my Thanksgiving Decorations post that I decided to go ahead and post for Christmas too.  I absolutely, positively love decorating for all holidays but Christmas is like the holiday with extra caramel and mini chocolate chips for me (believe me...that's good).  My mom always set such a beautiful scene at our home for Christmas when I was a child and I love to recreate that for my children. 

I must admit that I decorate a few days after Thanksgiving but I don't leave it up after Christmas!  I'm usually the one you see with the dead Christmas Tree laying in the front yard about noon on Christmas day.  I don't know what it is...I love it...I just don't want it to continue a day past Christmas.  My mom was always good kept our tree up until the New Year but I just can't do it! 

I'm in a new home which is a fun challenge for me to find new ways to display my decorations.  It gets my creative juices flowing but it takes me a lot of time.  I'm too picky about it...I know.  So here is a peak into Lightle Wonderland...


And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Love my fireplace and mantel...


Reading nook...complete with Nativity Scene...


Some candy wreaths, candles and garland finish my hutch perfectly...


My newly made burlap banner...


Country trees, snowflakes and candles on my buffet (favorite place to decorate)...



Table Centerpiece...



My kitchen tree...love the ornaments...


Even my kitchen bookshelves get a little holiday spirit...


So there you have it.  I hope you are having as much fun decorating your home as I did mine.  Sweet holidays-J

The winner of my Ladies Night ticket give away is Cindy Lane...thank you to Cindy and everyone else who participated.  I can't wait to see everyone tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment