Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Gender Reveal Party-Part 1

One of my dearest friends, Katy is pregnant with her third child and so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw her a party.  I have been wanting to do a gender reveal party for a while and so I was so excited to put it together. The only problem was that I didn't realize how hard it would be to keep the gender a secret for a couple of weeks...people REALLY wanted to know!! 

I began the planning with the theme and invitation.  There wasn't a lot of time to plan because we wanted to be sure that Katy's mom would still be in town to enjoy the celebration. I also needed to plan things that could be done ahead of time because I would be gone the weekend before the party.  I decided to go with an owl theme and keep things simple.  Here is the invite...
 
 
From there I moved on to planning the menu and of course started with dessert.  I decided to reveal the sex of the baby with a cake for Katy to cut.  The filling for it being either pink or blue.  I also wanted to make a few sugar cookie pops to bring the owl theme onto the food table.

For the actual food part I asked the guest of honor for some inspiration.  She said anything veggie or fruit, which made it simple.  I decided to serve a large chicken and veggie pasta salad, a taco salad, store bought croissants and a fruit tray. 
 
To be prepared before I left for the weekend I got as much done as I possibly could.  I baked the cake, cupcakes and owl pops freezing them once cool.  I also grilled the chicken and froze it.  I made sure the house was clean and ready to go.  I set the food table, put up decorations and had my "wives tales" board ready to go.

When I arrived home on Sunday afternoon I made a quick trip to the grocery store.  I frosted the cake, cupcakes and owl pops.  I cooked the pasta, cut the fruit and then crashed.

Tune in tomorrow to see my final prep and how the party turned out.  Sweet reveal-



No comments:

Post a Comment