Friday, November 30, 2012

Lacey's PB Cup Cuppies...

At the end of October my lil' ol' blog turned 1 year old and to celebrate I gave away a dozen personalized cupcakes to one sweet reader.  Lacey Ringulet (the owner and creative mind at A Country Home Floral) was the lucky winner.  We spoke a couple of times and I would pick her brain about different things that she enjoyed to eat.  Fortunately for me she is a food lover (like myself)...so the sky was really the limit.

I thought about going for something that was not really my taste because it is nice to step outside of your comfort zone and because all of you coconut lovers out there may NEVER get a recipe from me..it just isn't my favorite.  The fact is that...I JUST COULDN'T DO IT!!  In my original conversation with Lacey she told me her favorite candy bar was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and I couldn't shake it...no matter how hard I tried to divert that out of my mind I ALWAYS came back to this tasty combination.

To begin I started with a chocolate cake mix.  I have never had much luck (because of the elevation here- 4800 feet) with homemade cake recipes.  Plus "doctoring up" a regular cake mix is not only 10 times easier...it is also fabulously moist and delicious. 

To make the cake you will need 1 chocolate cake mix, 1 small package instant pudding mix, 4 eggs, 2/3 cup oil, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla...


Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed(mixture will be thick) and then transfer to your lined muffin pan.  Be sure to only fill each cup about 2/3 of the way full.  Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely on wire rack.


For the frosting you will need 1/2 cup of softened butter, 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 4 cups powdered sugar and vanilla extract...


Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer and pipe the frosting on each cupcake. 


Use a knife to spread the frosting out.

Dip the top of the cupcake into melted Wilton chocolate...


While the chocolate is still wet top the cupcake with a chunk of what else...A PB Cup...


Once bite into this little piece of heaven and you are going to be hooked!!

Sweet winner- 

No comments:

Post a Comment