Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snickerdoodles with Cinnamon Chips

During one of my weekly trips to Klamath Falls for Tale's volleyball I ran upon a bag of cinnamon baking chips at Walmart.  I have heard of them before but had never tried them...so excitedly I threw the last bag they had in my cart and began imagining the possibilities.  The first and best (at least in my opinion) idea that I had was to add them to my Snickerdoodle recipe before I rolled them in cinnamon and sugar.  A little extra cinnamon flavor and an added crunch could take this basic cookie to a whole new level and I couldn't wait to try it out.

I want you to know that I realize not everyones mind works in the same way that mine does.  Most of you are NORMAL and don't obsess over cinnamon baking chips...Halloween dinner food...housewarming parties...ground beef recipes...or any of the things that consume me.  I also want you to know that I am alright with that...I think...because what the hell could I do about it anyway!!  I'm cursed (it's a trait from my mom...sorry to rat you out) and besides what the heck would I blog about if I didn't have a million and two unimportant things filling my mind!!  Anyhoo...back to the chips...

To make the Snickerdoodles you will need 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter or margarine, 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 2 3/4 cups flour, 2 tsp. cream of tarter, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips & 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon for rolling dough in...


Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together.  Add vanilla to the mixture...


Mix in the flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt until combined.  Add the cinnamon chips...


Using a Tablespoon (or icecream scoop) make rounded cookies and roll them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture...


Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 9-11 minutes...


The extra cinnamon flavor really makes the average Snickerdoodle EXTRA special.  These cookies would be perfect anytime but especially this time of year.  Sweet snickers...

No comments:

Post a Comment