Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sweet Coffee Gift...

For a lot of people (including by kids...BAD MOM ALERT) coffee makes the world go round...or at least begin rotating every morning.  I unfortunately am not a fan & that kind of makes me sad.  I sometimes envy all of the coffee drinkers who go to fun coffee shops and carry around cool paper cups filled with a yummy SOUNDING combination of flavors.  I think somewhere inside myself I feel like I am missing out on something.  Oh well...a cup of boring ol' tea is just going to have to do.

I do however like to give gifts that I know people will love.  So for the sweet secretaries at the high school and middle school who are like second mothers to my sometimes needy children...I thought this would be perfect way to say "Thank you for all that you do!!"


Before I get too far into the post I want to tell you that ALL of the fun cups, lids, spoons, straws, etc...were all purchased at thinkgarnish.com.  It is a great place to shop for fun gift giving containers because you can buy them in small quantities.  In fact you will see a lot of items from there over the next couple of weeks.

I started off with the flavored coffee mixture.  You will need 1/2 cup of instant coffee granules, 1/2 cup of non-dairy creamer (powder), 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of cocoa, a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.  
 

Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.  Then add the 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract over the top of the mixture and mix again...


For each serving you will need 3-4 heaping teaspoons of the mix.  So I packaged enough of the mix for at least one serving into a small clear bag, along with instructions of how to make it. --Add 3-4 heaping teaspoons of mix to 1 cup of boiling water--

To add a little extra chocolate and peppermint flavor I dipped a few spoons in melted chocolate and sprinkled them with peppermint candy.  You could use a plastic spoon but I just couldn't resist these cute little things.  I especially love that you can write on them with a Sharpie!!  So cute...


Then it was just a matter of making them look adorable.  I also wanted to be sure that it was something they could make and enjoy at work without any extra supplies.  I put a little filler in each coffee cup along with the peppermint coffee mix, two wrapped spoons and a coordinating straw.  To the outside of the cup I attached a message and description of the gift...


I hope they are pleasantly surprised and holding a cup of hot coffee right now.  Sweet coffee-

No comments:

Post a Comment