Wednesday, April 9, 2014

So What Wednesday...Broken Ankle Edition...

So What if the weekend that was supposed to be fun turned out being one of the worst EVER.  Broken bones and dislocations 3 hours into a trip is unacceptable...

So What if the fact that I needed a shot for a migraine before we even headed out on our trip might have been God telling us that we shouldn't have gone.  I'm sorry Amus...we should have listened...

So What if my parents think that Aimee missing her tattoo appointment with a broken ankle was the good that came from the situation.  I hate to break it to them but I'm pretty sure the next time she gets a chance she will be getting two...

So What if in route to the hospital we accidentally called another Ryan that is in my phone at 1 a.m. instead of the Ryan we were supposed to.  I'm sorry "wrong" Ryan...we were a little stressed...

So What if I got a lecture from the nurse in the emergency room that we should have called an ambulance.  Honestly...it never crossed my mind.  Sorry cranky nurse but I still stand by my decision to take her in myself...

So What if the Security Guard who greeted us at the ER entrance wanted to know..."What are you here for?"  When I told him that my sister had a broken ankle he asked me, "Are you sure?".  It literally took him taking a look for himself before he realized I wasn't lying.  I know I'm not a doctor but seriously...it was pretty obvious...

So What if I am completely traumatized by the events of the weekend.  One of things I was not blessed with was an ability to handle situations that involve hospitals, broken bones, putting bones back in place, needles, etc...I try but I'm telling you that if you are hurt and you need someone...PLEASE don't let it be me...

So there you have it...blood, guts and gory details.  Hope you are all having a better week than the weekend that we had...Sweet ankle-

No comments:

Post a Comment