Wednesday, April 30, 2014

So What Wednesday...Teenager Edition...

So What if there are parts of me that like having teenagers more than toddlers.  I realize they might not be as cute but they can wipe their own butts, feed themselves and stay home alone...sometimes freedom can trump cute little faces.  Yes I just said that and yes that might make me a terrible mother but let's face it...true story...

So What if teenage drivers are as stressful as a newborn baby.  The difference is your life is in their hands instead of the other way around and at 15 or 16 with raging hormones I don't always think that is the best idea...

So What if I think that being a teenager with the technology they have now is harder than it was when I was their age.  I don't think it was God's plan to put hand sized computers that take pictures, send messages and have instant access to anything in the hands of teens (or anyone for that matter).   Sometimes less information is more...just saying...

So What if knowing that I am now the annoying parent that mine once where is hard for me.  Somehow I still see myself as being semi-cool (I said semi) but quickly realize with the roll of an eye that I am SOOO not.  Damn it!!...

So What if the expense of teenagers is crazy!!!  How in the hell can people who have only been on the earth for less than a quarter of their life cost so much???  Anyone??  Anyone??...

So What if my sisters might be the only ones (besides me) who know what movie reference (from our teens) that Anyone??  Anyone?? comes from and yes that just shows how nerdy we are which also may make you realize why my kids think I am totally uncool...

There it is.  Teens can suck it right out of you.  Sweet teen-

No comments:

Post a Comment