Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Giving a little extra dough...

My most favorite gift to give someone is something yummy and that goes for Christmas or anytime of year.  I think that home cooked gifts can make anyone feel special.  Instead of going to a store and throwing something in your basket, you are actually using your hands to create something personal and heartfelt.  Have I mentioned that I love this time of year?  Oh!  About 100 times you say!!  Oops, let me make that 101. :)

I'm sure we can ALL agree that getting a plate of delicious cookies can completely make your day.  The only thing better than that is getting a plate of WARM delicious cookies but that is hard to do...so I have a plan!  Instead of giving them baked cookies...I will give them a little dough...COOKIE dough!!  It will be ready to bake and in just a few minutes their homes will be filled with the fabulous aroma of fresh baked cookies.  Another bonus is that if they aren't ready for it right now then it can be thrown in the freezer for up to 3 months.  Brilliant I say!!

Again I am using a container and lid from thinkgarnish.com.


One of my favorite kinds of cookies is Oatmeal...I just love the texture and softness.  My only request with an Oatmeal cookie is...NO RAISINS!!!  So this time I used a mixture of Mini Chocolate Chips and toffee bits.  Let me just say...that was a good choice!!



I began by making the dough...

CHOCOLATE & TOFFEE OATMEAL COOKIES

2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening (I prefer butter flavored)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3 cups quick-cook or old-fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup toffee bits

Preheat oven to 375°.  Beat all of the ingredients together using an electric mixer except the oats, flour, chocolate chips and toffee until well combined.  Stir in oats, flour, chips and toffee.

Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set.  Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool on wire rack.
-----------------
Instead of baking the cookies I filled a container with the dough.  I then made tags to attach.  One with the name of the cookie and the other with instructions for how to bake them.


A little Christmas ribbon & it can be delivered to one of besties tomorrow...


This dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
It is a perfect gift for anyone on your list.  Sweet dough-

1 comment:

  1. Cute site, June! Love it. I'll be checking in on you weekly!
    Julie Ugalde

    ReplyDelete