Monday, December 10, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Even though the weather may not be aware of this...Christmas is in 2 weeks!!  I hate to break that bit of news to all of you precious readers out there but it is true...14 days and this whirl wind we call Christmas will be here and gone.  I'm a little sad about that for a couple of reasons-
1) My house decorating has been more of a work in progress then a completed project...by the time I am finished it will be time to take it down. :( 
2) I have a ton of awesome ideas to share with you and I haven't even started yet...I better get busy!
3) I always tend to feel a MAJOR let down when Christmas is over and the New Year begins...silly...I know.

So to begin my Christmas posts (incredibly late) I thought I would share some of my home decorations.  The last three years I have lived in three different homes for Christmas.  For me that means reworking and reinventing my existing decorations to fill a new home with cheer. 

My mantel shelf in the front room is my new "favorite" place to decorate.
I added garlands, raffia, a cute Santa, my "JOY" letters and a few other items to finish it off...

To my hutch I used an old bottle to hold some fresh cedar boughs and few other fun things...

 I have to tell you that I have 3 trees in my house.  Now that isn't a typo, you really did read 3!!
The kids have one for all of their ornaments that we have collected over the years and
I have one that I keep simple (because that how I roll...hehe) and then there is the kitchen tree...
I just love this little tree and the ornaments on it...

My sweet mama gave me this old lantern just before I decorated.  A little ribbon, garland and a star make it perfectly festive...

A look into my kitchen...

This snowman is one of my newest additions (thank you to the girls at Bloomers)...

More kitchen...

To finish the coffee table in the living room I used an old antique sewing machine drawer, two different garlands and a red candle...

So as you can see it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house and I am promising that it going to look A WHOLE LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS on this blog over the next few weeks.
Stay tuned-Sweet Christmas-

No comments:

Post a Comment