Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snowman Treats...

When you think of mini powdered doughnuts what do you imagine...besides breakfast!!  Well, if your mind was glued together with craziness and glittered with nonsense (like mine) then you would think of a snowman on a stick.  For some reason...beyond my comprehension...the other day when I passed the miniature powdered sugar doughnuts I thought of a snowman and how if you put three of them together on a stick and decorated them with fun candies it would be a really cool gift for some sweet kids I know...and an even more fun project for kids to make themselves (run-onnnnnnnn sentence over).  

I assembled my ingredients...mini donuts, M&M's, mini chocolate chips, pretzel sticks, fruit by the foot and wooden skewers... 


To begin I put three donuts on the stick...


Then I realized that I didn't have anything for the nose.  So I decided to cut down an orange slice...


Using a little frosting in the middle of the bottom two donuts I added the M&M's like buttons...


Then I used the fruit by the foot for the scarf.  Cut it to length, fold in half, wrap around between the top two doughnuts and then use scissors to cut the bottom like fringe...


I then used additional frosting to attach the two mini chocolate chip eyeballs, four mini chocolate chips for the mouth and the orange slice nose.  I also added the pretzel sticks to the middle doughnut for arms...

 

Wrap them in a cellophane bag and they are ready to give...


I really think this might just be my favorite project of the holiday season.  Tales, Harley, Lanie and I made some the other night and it was such a fun and tasty project.  Make them to give or have your sweet babies make them over the weekend for a perfect holiday project.  Sweet snowmen-

No comments:

Post a Comment