Wednesday, July 3, 2013

10 great reasons to love Summer...

There is no doubt that Summer is my favorite time.  Here are a few of the reasons why...

1)  Long days...I can get up at 5:30 a.m. and get a run in before work or wait until late in the evening and go then.  It is light and I get to be outside.

2)  Wearing flip flops...I really don't like to be confined by shoes, so flip flop season makes me happy!!!

3)  Fresh Fruit...I can go to the store and get fruit that is ripe and delish.  In the Winter that doesn't happen here.

4)  Time to be spontaneous...with the long days I can load up the kids after work, drive to the lake, picnic, swim and cool off for a couple of hours before dark...so fun!!

5)  Camping...time shared in the woods with good friends and family makes for a good time.

6)  No schedule...my kids can make me crazy but it is nice to not have night practice's or meetings like we do during the school year.

7)  Green grass and flowers...besides the fact that newly cut green grass smells so good, I love the life and freshness that they bring.

8)  BBQing...firing up the grill and cooking outside is so yummy and the best part...less dishes!!

9)  Warmth...I realize the last few days have been REALLY warm but compared to the 20°- we suffered for a week this winter...I will take it.

10) Being sporty...In the summer I hike, run, swim and play on a softball league...I love the variety that you don't get in the winter!!

I hope you are enjoying summer too.  Sweet Summer-

No comments:

Post a Comment