Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Celebrating 100 years...

Each and every year my family celebrates the 4th of July in Yocum Valley.  I don't remember a time that we didn't go...it is a family tradition that I look forward to and love.  Years ago I remember my grandpa Leo cooking mutton (Yuck) over coals.  Now my sweet dad bbq's ribs (much tastier) at home and transports them to the picnic.  Everyone else is responsible for either a salad or dessert and then the potluck begins.  Over the years the picnic location has never changed.  I love that too!!

This year is a special celebration.  It marks the 100th year of when my Grandpa Leo's parents homesteaded in Yocum Valley.  Maybe this is why I love Yocum Valley so very much...the family history is painted all over each and every part of it.  When I am there I am happy.  It is quiet, it is peaceful, it is beautiful, it is my place. 

I'm looking forward to Thursday and being here...


I'm looking forward to spending time with these two...


What a great way to spend the 4th of July.  I wish each and every one of you a happy and safe Independence Day.  Sweet celebration-

No comments:

Post a Comment