Monday, July 29, 2013

Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla...

Sports practice is about to begin again around here.  I'm not exactly sure how August can be around the corner already!!  I'm desperate for summer to last forever...that is until I think about watching my Tater play football and my Tales play volleyball.  Somehow the thought of that can settle my soul and make the distant glimmer of Fall seem alright (I said alright...not perfect).  During the summer I am much more lax about dinner...in fact this summer has been pretty bad.  My poor kids have had to fend for themselves more times than I can count which is sad because I love to grill so very much.  Summer somehow takes over my mind and makes me feel like whatever will be will be, which is so unlike me and maybe why I love it so very much.

It is time to slowly wean myself back into school life which includes making dinner for my sweeties and because I am smack dab in the middle of my softball season that can sometimes mean a little window of time to cook.  I always have a few standby "quick fix" meals that I like to do when time is not on my side.  Quesadillas is always one of them...you can throw pretty much anything in them and they are always delish.  When I was raiding my kitchen the other night to find something to stuff inside a tortilla I found a package of frozen Turkey Pepperoni that I had bought when I made Pepperoni Pasta Salad a while back...what a great idea.
 
 
All you will need to make them is Pepperoni, tortillas, cheese and dipping sauce (I used marinara)...
 

I like to use my griddle to cook quesadillas because I can do two at a time and most of the time that is enough for the three of us.  I begin by spraying the griddle with non-stick cooking spray.  I lay a tortilla out on the hot griddle followed by cheese and pepperoni and more cheese...
 
 
I then add another tortilla to the top and spray it with a little non-stick spray and dust with a pinch of salt...
 
 
While they were cooking I warmed my marinara sauce in the microwave.  Just be sure to cover with plastic wrap...you don't want an explosion.

When the first side is browned and the cheese is beginning to melt I carefully turned it over...
 

Cook until the 2nd side is browned and everything is warm and melty.  Transfer to a cutting board and using a pizza cutter cut into 6 pieces...
 
 
A little dipping sauce and in 10 minutes (literally) dinner is served...
 
 
Sweet quesadilla-

No comments:

Post a Comment