Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring morning...

Spring has arrived...although you wouldn't know it!!  We woke up to snow this morning!?!?  What the heck is that all about??  I leave for vacation on Friday and with weather like this...I'm wishing is was right now!!  Honestly, this is how spring works in Lake County.  One day you are basking in 60+° sunshine and the next you are waking up to a snow covered yard.  YUCK to the snow...not the sunshine!!  just saying

One of my favorite ways to spend a Sunday spring morning is with my Dad and his baby calves.  Yesterday I was lucky enough to do just that.  Tater and I headed out early (so early that Tater was too tired to drive & that hasn't happened since the day he got his permit) to my Papa Leo and Mamu's for breakfast.  I can't quite describe what an amazing treat that is.  Breakfast at their house is the highlight of my day/month/year...home made buttermilk pancakes...fried eggs...bacon...fried potatoes & the best company anyone could ask for.  I wish I could do it everyday but my weight is glad that I don't.

After breakfast it was time to go and feed the babies (cattle).  We headed over to the hay stack with my Dad and watched him load the truck (great help, I know but in my defense...he was using a tractor).  Then it was over to the field...Dad on the back of the truck bucking bales and me in driver's seat (Tater was co-pilot).  The great part of being the "driver" is that you just put it in low and go...that is until you get stuck and your dad has to get off the flat bed to help you and you start laughing so hard that you cry because you can't believe what terrible help you are.  I did get a few pictures taken though...I just love the new babies and how darn cute they are...so stinkin precious!!

Love the pink nose...


This little guy was our favorite...


Buckin' and runnin' in front of the truck...


Windy...like always in Lake County...


I love how the babies find the warm hay to take a little nap...


The snow geese that joined us...


I'm determined to not wait until next year before I go out and help again...although after my "awesome" driving skills, I'm not sure that my Dad will have me back.  Sweet babies-

No comments:

Post a Comment