Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Branding 2013'

It seems like it has only been a few months since I posted our branding photos from last year...I hate how fast time flies sometimes.  My dad always told me that as I got older time flew faster and I never really quite understood it until the last year or two.  When I was younger it sometimes felt like time would stand still and now with a blink of an eye a year has passed by.  I have to say that my dad is pretty wise...there are a lot of things that he would tell me when I was young and I don't think that I never believed him but I never understood how some of the things were possible.  For instance...my sisters and I fought like crazy when we were young...there were days that I hated them and I KNOW they hated me.  My dad would always say that one day we would be "Best Friends"...I honestly thought he was CRAZY!!  Now I know he just knew what he was talking about...I can't imagine life without my sisters and their friendship.  I find myself having the same conversations with my kids now...it is funny how life evolves and works sometimes. 

Branding is always one our favorite days with the family.  We meet up fairly early, gather and separate the cattle, vaccinate, brand and then my mama feeds us something delicious.  The weather was wonderful and that is not always the case...so that made the day even better.  Here are some of my favorite shots of the day...

Tater & Grader...


Papa Leo...man I love this guy...


Amus & GeeGee (aka Shelby)...


Dad & Aunt MeMe...


Uncle Greg & his princess Lori...


My sweet babies...


No Albertson function is complete without at least one dog...Ozzy...


Two of my favorite guys...


Grader working hard...


Dad & Darb...


Sweet Mama...


Grady & Shelby's baby...Peaches...


Branding time...


The only thing missing was my sister Jamus and her family.  It wasn't quite the same without them. 
 Sweet Spring-

No comments:

Post a Comment