Friday, April 12, 2013

Budget Beef-Meatloaf

I realized the other day that I had not posted a recipe using ground beef in quite a while.  Some of you may look at this and think "MEATLOAF", Yuck!  I can understand that mind frame, I used to be one of those people...that is until I discovered how to make meatloaf well.  I don't care for meatloaf that uses 10 different fillers to make it go further.  I want a flavorful and moist meatloaf that uses ground beef as the main ingredient.  I will admit that up until my sweet Mama gave me this recipe...I had only made it a handful of times but now it will be on my monthly menu.

This recipe is awesome because the addition of milk and water will help keep your meatloaf super moist...cause who wants to eat a piece of meatloaf that you could use as a hockey puck?  Adding the stuffing mix not only gives it wonderful texture but also some additional spices that make is very tasty.  I will NEVER make another meatloaf recipe...EVER!!  Try this and I promise you will feel the same.

There are few ingredients in this recipe which is so nice.  All you need is 2lbs. of hamburger (lean), 1 box of chicken stuffing mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk that you have on hand), 1/4 cup water, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper...


All you do is add all of your ingredients to one large bowl...


Mix it together using your hands but be sure not to over mix...


Dump onto a foil lined and greased cookie sheet and form into a long loaf...


Bake at 350° for 1 hour.  Cover and let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting...


So yummy!!!


I served it with scalloped potatoes and green beans but anything would work great...macaroni and cheese, rice pilaf, baked potatoes, whatever your heart desires.  Then tomorrow you can have a meatloaf sandwich for lunch...which is a reason to make meatloaf all by itself.  Sweet loaf-

Just a reminder that next week I will be visiting Mickey & Minnie Mouse, so there won't be anything new posted here but just remember...I love ya anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment