Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weightloss Wednesday...

My blog isn't a weight related blog.  However, it is a blog about my life and right now I am in MAJOR need of some weight loss!!  For those of you who don't know me, I am a happiness eater.  The happier I am the heavier I tend to be...so yes you are right...I AM HAPPY (which is awesome) but not with my weight!  Even though I am not judgmental about other peoples weight...I am terrible when it comes to my own.  So much so, that it starts to interfere with every aspect of my life.

When I am thin it is usually because something has happened in my life to completely stress me out.  I don't eat and therefore I am skinnier but by no means healthy!  Although there is something to be said for being able to fit into EVERYTHING in your closet...I can't even tell you how nice it is to have endless options because almost everything looks good on.  Unfortunately because I tend to be stressed when I have this luxury...I don't always enjoy it or even realize that it is happening.  It isn't until I have gained 10, 20 or even 30 pounds that I look back and remember how easy getting dressed was and that is only because it isn't anymore.

Last week I had dinner with some friends and although we were all at different stages in our lives...we weren't happy with our bodies for various reasons.  Now I have to admit that I don't know if I will EVER truly be happy with my body.  I'm not sure if any woman really ever is.  We always tend to be more critical of ourselves, which I will admit is sad.  Each and every one of us should be happy with our bodies...no matter what shape or size we are!!  The fact is that the older we get the harder it is to loose weight and the easier it is to gain it.  It is also harder to maintain your weight because as we age our metabolism slows down and if you are like me and don't lower your caloric intake...you gain weight. 

For me the problem isn't exercise...it is portion control, portion control, portion control!!  I exercise 4-6 times a week pretty religiously in the form of walking or running (jogging).  I love getting outside and moving my body...in fact I am scared to think of where I would be (weight wise) right now if I didn't...I truly don't EVEN want to think about it.  UGGHHH.

To say the least I am fed up with where I am at!  I am determined to get HEALTHY and set both long and short term goals for myself.  For a while Wednesday's at Sweet Taters and Tales are going to be dedicated to weight loss and the struggles that I feel like so many of us face.  I realize that this might not be for everyone who so graciously reads by blog but right now I feel like I need to be able to use my blog for accountability.  There will still be fatty and delicious recipes on here and I will still be eating them...in moderation.  Join me in on my journey...email me at junebugnlkv@hotmail.com  Sweet weight (not)-

No comments:

Post a Comment