Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weightloss Wednesday-Week 2...

Good News...in the last week I have lost 2.2 pounds...not the best but I will take it!!  I wasn't perfect by any means...I splurged on the occasional sinful item but all in all I felt like I stuck to my guns (or at least tried to).  The weekend was harder for me then I thought it would be...I wasn't as good as I had hoped.  When you are given the chance to eat Papa Leo's hot cakes...well let just say...you can't eat just one.  Knowing that I have to check in with all of you is a pretty good motivator...along with the fact that if I want to wear any of my summer clothes during summer...I had better get on track.

This next week I am going to be on vacation, which is so hard when you are trying to loose weight!!  I am going to make a conscious effort to choose foods that I can feel good about BUT...I will just tell you right now that I am NOT going to pass up a Mickey shaped ice cream bar when the moment presents itself!!  Dieting and Disneyland should NEVER go into the same sentence but I'm going to do my best.  Honestly, I will be happy if I don't loose a pound on my vacation...as long as I don't gain any!  The only saving grace will be the miles of walking that I will be doing.

These are a few things that I am trying to do (but haven't been completely successful):

1.  Not eat ANY carbs after lunch.  So that leaves protein and veggies for dinner.
2.  Increase my water intake.  I'm a long-time Diet Coke lover, so I allow myself 1 a day...not 4. 
3.  Continue moving, this last week I moved 6 days for at least 30 minutes in the form of walking, jogging or exercise video.
4.  To write EVERY item I put in my mouth into a journal.  It is harder to stuff your face when you have to write it down and be accountable for it.
5.  Snack when I need to...if I let myself get too hungry then I overeat.  My favorite snacks of the week were...Mandarin oranges and pistachios...YUM!!
6.  Prep food on Sunday.  I cooked up a huge batch of quinoa.  Cut up fruit & veggies and packaged them into individual serving size portions.  This way snacks and lunch are a no-brainer. 

We all know that this isn't going to happen over night.  It is about making healthy decisions each day.  Instead of calling up the local burger joint for burgers & fries to go...I headed to the grocery store and pickup a few chicken breasts to grill.  Add a salad and some veggies sauteed in olive oil and garlic...you've got yourself a healthy and delicious meal for half the calories and less money.  It may be more work but when I lay my head down on my pillow at night I feel good about it.  Progress is what we all need to strive for...not instant results because lets face it...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

One of my new favorite things to eat for lunch is a quinoa salad.  It is filling and full of veggies, add a little leftover chicken or steak and it is a perfect mid-day pick me up.  Here is how I make mine...

1 serving of cooked quinoa (I cook mine in water & chicken stock)
leftover meat from dinner
veggies of choice-I love grape tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrots, avocado and spinach
1 Tablespoon of vinaigrette dressing

NOTE:  I buy my quinoa at Costco, you can get a huge bag for about $8.00 and here at Safeway it is ridiculous!!!

The best part about it is that I don't feel deprived when I eat this.  I love it and it is good for me.  Dieting is so much easier when that happens.  Wish me luck this next week...I think I may need it.  Sweet progress-

No comments:

Post a Comment