Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cappuccino Brownies

For my Tale's birthday she REALLY wanted me to make her Cappuccino Brownies and it just didn't happen.  So because I am a mom and an Albertson (guilt is born in us) I have been feeling a little guilty about it and I decided to make them for her this last week. 

The very first time I ever made them was for my friend Jenn's birthday and they were an instant hit.  I love using Jenn's birthday as an excuse to try a new and delicious recipe.  Her birthday is next month and I am already brainstorming...let me know if you have any ideas & welcome to my crazy mind!

I just have to say that personally I believe that BROWNIES ARE THE BOMB!!!  A. They are chocolate  B. They are soft and chewy  C. They can be dolled up with amazing ingredients  D. They are handheld  E.  Almost everyone I know loves them!!!  Add a little cappuccino frosting and some chocolate covered coffee beans and I don't even have the words to describe the heavenliness these puppies will provide!!


To make them I just used a basic fudge brownie mix.  I always use an additional box because I like them to be thick.  Bake them according to instructions but don't over bake!!  I truly believe that the key to an amazing brownie is chewiness!!

For the frosting I first added 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules to 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.  Be sure to stir until the granules are dissolved.  In a mixer combine 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of margarine/butter until combined and then add the coffee/cream mixture and stir until you have an amazing frosting.

This is what my jar of coffee granules looks like...


Spread frosting over cooled brownies and then begin the chocolate gauche.  In a small sauce pan combine 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips with 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream and stir on med/low heat until completely melted.  Pour and spread over the coffee frosting layer.  Let it cool for just a few minutes and then top with coffee beans if desired.


Remember to let them cool completely and to cut with a plastic knife.  These brownies are perfectly delicious...I definitely recommend you run home and make them today!!!  Sweet cappuccino-

No comments:

Post a Comment