Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weight loss Wednesday...

It has been a while since I have had a WLW post.  Truthfully, the last month or so has been such a blur that I feel like I need to catch up.  The end of August and September always does this to me...between Tater & Tale's birthdays, our county Fair/Roundup and the start of school and sports I am always on overdrive.  Our schedule changes so much that it takes a while to adjust but I think we are getting there.  Tate doing some of the running around helps but I still can't believe that he is old enough...so sad!

The one good thing about being so busy is that I didn't dwell or concentrate on my weight loss.  Most of the time that would not be good for me but because I was in the final training for my half marathon it worked out.  By the end of August my training runs were getting a lot longer and with that I was able to drop weight pretty fast. 

When I posted back at the beginning of August I had lost 15 pounds and now I have lost 28.  It is crazy to me that between April and August I only lost 15 and between August and October I lost an additional 13.  So I am within 5 pounds of my goal weight which is great but I'm not sure if I am happy with that.  I think that 10 might be a better number.

For anyone who has or is in the process of loosing weight you sometimes realize that your "goal weight" might not be quite right.  Sometimes you realize that as you are loosing weight you feel and look good at a number that is higher than what you had thought.  In my case I feel like I set my goal weight at a number that was comfortable.  I set it at a number that was low enough to feel good about it but high enough just in case I didn't make it.

Weight loss, just like my half-marathon has been such a mental battle.  I am constantly in conflict with myself.  Part of me is confident in knowing that I can do something but there is always that part that isn't quite sure and doesn't want to disappoint.  I find myself making goals based on the minimum of what I think I am capable of instead of what I know I can do...if I work hard.  It is a form self sabotage that I am trying to overcome but it is hard.  Even as the weight is coming off there is a part of me that is constantly saying that the weight will come back even though I have made a lot of lifestyle changes to avoid that.

I'm finding that sometimes the hardest part of committing to loose weight is convincing yourself that you can really do it.  Sweet battle- 

No comments:

Post a Comment