Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Entry and Mommy guilt confession:

I spent the last two days at home...sleeping in and getting caught up.  It was wonderful (except for the mommy guilt...you can read about it later in the post) and it may never happen again for 20 years, so I tried to make the most of it.  I got caught up on amazingly intellectual and note worthy programs like...Real Housewives of New Jersey (can I just say this...Teresa taking accountability was right out of left field...can you believe it?)...Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Making the Team (I'm soooo not a Cowboys fan but this show sucks me in...Thank you Kelly & Judy for getting rid of Catherine...her laugh/cry was down right annoying!!)...Burn Notice (The series is now over and even though I have watched it forever, somehow I'm not super sad)...Sons of Anarchy (I have a love/hate relationship with this show...they definitely push everything to the limit...its CRAZY).  I did do semi-productive things like bake (tune in later this week) and I also got my house ready for fall...I began with the front entry.
 
I started with a trip to Bloomers to grab a bundle of cornstalks and a couple of mums.  Then it was just a matter of pulling things together from around the house.  Here is the final product...
 
 
I put the larger mum in a galvanized bucket and set it on another bucket that I turned over for some height.  The addition of my "Fall" sign, a sugar pine cone and pumpkin worked well together...
 
 
On the other side of the bench I took a large galvanized vase and filled it with a couple of sugar pine cones.  Another small pumpkin beside it and that was finished...
 
 
On the bench I added the other smaller mum that I wrapped in burlap, along with an assortment of gourds that I put in a small grapevine wreath.  On the bottom shelf I filled a small galvanized bucket with smaller pine cones to keep everything cohesive...
 
 
The cornstalks are just laid against the wall by the old window and "WELCOME" sign...
 
 
So there you have it...my front entry is fall ready!!
   
MOMMY GUILT CONFESSION:  As I got all decorated for Fall this weekend my mommy guilt radar was off the charts!!  Between not sleeping well, my grandmothers funeral last week and my half marathon I have been exhausted.  I try to make it to EVERYTHING but it sounded like a good weekend to forgo my children's sporting events.  It was their dad's weekend, Tater's football game would have included 8 hours (at least) of driving and it was the only weekend that I would not be coaching Tale's volleyball.  It was the perfect time to get caught up on sleep and home duties?.?  As the weekend approached Tale's dad found out that he had to work and couldn't get her to or go her games.  I was determined to stay home...so I called on a friend to take her for the day.  At that point my mommy guilt was in full force.  Then Tater came home from practice on Thursday to announce that he would be dressing down for Varsity for the first time.  He has been working so hard to get there and I was going to miss it!  Seriously??  Stab me in the heart!!  There were parts of me that wanted to make arrangements to go but I was already committed to chaperoning a dance for Tales on Friday night.  So I stayed home and I have to say...I got a whole lot done but it is never as rewarding when you are plagued with guilt...UGGHHHH!  I'm sure some of you mom's out there can relate!
 
Sweet guilt-

No comments:

Post a Comment