Monday, September 23, 2013

Goal Accomplished...

I will admit that sometimes I make a goal and I don't follow through.  I tend to be in the moment a lot and an idea sounds so great until it gets really close and I realize that I am not prepared.  So when I announced a few months ago that I would be training for a half-marathon I was worried that I might be flaky and not complete my goal. 

I'm happy to say that I did it...I followed through...religiously trained for 13 weeks and yesterday I finished my first half-marathon with a time of 2 hours and 30 minutes.  I realize that for some of you it might not sound like a great time but it was 20 minutes faster than I thought I would finish.  I also ran the entire race and only stopped a few times to either stretch or get a drink.

My sister Jamie and bestest friend Jenn dropped me off at the starting line and then went on to two check points (mile 5 & 9) to cheer me on and keep me motivated.  They were also there when I crossed the finish line.  It was so awesome to have such a great support system.

There were definitely a few times during the run that I had to dig deep (especially when my right knee started to kill me at mile 5) but for the most part it was an amazing experience.  I am proud of myself for seeing it through and putting in the work to accomplish my goal.

Today I am a little lot sore and walking like a crazy lady but the feeling of accomplishment is worth the pain.  I can't wait to do it again!!  Sweet half-



No comments:

Post a Comment