Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Pound Cake...

Fall is here.  The leaves are turning and the days are cooling off.  I talk a whole lot about how much I love summer but the truth is that fall is not far behind.  My only problem with fall is what comes after...Winter...and the fact that I never feel like it lasts long enough.  Fall does not include snow in my book...period!!  Around here you are almost guaranteed a snow in October (which sucks)!!

One of the reasons I do love fall is because of the flavors.  Pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg...these flavors mean comfort to me.  I also love wearing a sweater on a cool night, starting a fire at home and of course baking.

I realize that it is just the middle of October but I just couldn't help but jump in with a awesome pumpkin treat.  This recipe is so moist and absolutely delicious.  I also love that it a little more figure friendly than other pound cakes and you will never know it.

To make it you will need 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. cloves, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt, 3 egg whites and 1 cup of canned pumpkin.
 
I just used regular Light Vanilla yogurt...
 

Begin by combining the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and nutmeg) in a bowl and set aside.
 

In a large bowl combine the sugar, yogurt and egg whites.  Whisk until it is completely blended and then stir in the pumpkin.  Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until incorporated...
 

Pour into a greased loaf pan...
 

Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and remove from pan...
 

You could serve it just how it is or drizzle it with a glaze of butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk...
 

You can see how deliciously moist the cake is...
 

Baking with pumpkin is upon us...I am a happy girl.  Sweet pumpkin-

No comments:

Post a Comment