Friday, March 30, 2012

Cadbury Cookies

It just hit me!!  I haven't posted anything yummy this week!!  Easter is next week and no food posts!?!  It isn't a very good excuse but my mind is a little preoccupied with my upcoming move.  Lucky for you, this girl can ALWAYS find time to bake a cookie!  I'm sure all of you have been sitting in front of the computer and thinking...enough with the fluff...let's get some good stuff on this here blog...stat!!  Ok, ok...let's just say that I saved the best for the last because these cookies are full of Cadbury goodness and who could resist that??  Nobody...I didn't think so!

I started with one of favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes and instead of the chips I added chopped mini Cadbury eggs!!  To make them you will need 1¼ cups of sugar, 1¼ cups of brown sugar, 1 cup (or two sticks) of margarine or butter...softened, 1/2 cup of shortening, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, 2 eggs, 4 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1½ cups of Cadbury mini eggs that have been chopped.


Preheat oven to 350° and in a mixer beat both sugars, margarine, shortening, vanilla and eggs...


Mix in baking soda and salt with 1 cup of flour and then add the additional 3 cups of flour 1 at a time until combined well...


Chop your Cadbury eggs to your desired size...


Add to dough and stir in...


Scoop on to greased or Silpat lined baking sheet...


Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to cooling rack..


The are chewy, chocolaty and delicious!  A perfect addition to your Easter dinner or anytime.  Sweet Easter-

No comments:

Post a Comment