Thursday, March 15, 2012

Double Chocolate Mint Cookie-Perfect for St. Patty's Day

In honor of St. Patty's day I made a delicious cookie just for you to try.  If you like mint...then you will love these!  Whenever I bake something with mint I think of my sweet mama.  She loves a good bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream and always has.  Besides the touch of mint...the best thing about these cookies is that they are so stinkin easy to make because (drum roll please)...they are made from a cake mix...need I say more?  I didn't think so!  Quick, simple and easy on the taste buds, these cookies are extra fantabulous (if that is a word).  I love this cookie recipe because it can be changed up to make a variety of different cookies and I absolutely love when I can do that!!  I use this cookie to make homemade oreos, ice cream sandwiches and a chewy double chocolate cookie (recipes will appear soon).

Who wouldn't love a soft chocolate cookie slathered with a thick layer of mint cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (my favorite)?  Believe me when I say that this cookie is as delicious as the day is long.  To make the cookies you will need a chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of oil...


Preheat oven to 350° and mix the three ingredients together.  It will be a thick dough...


I used a small scoop to make the cookies and then used my finger tips to pat them down a bit...


Bake for 7 minutes...do NOT over bake!  Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and move to a cooling rack...


For the frosting you will need 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened), 1/2 stick of margarine (softened), 1 1/2 cups of powered sugar, a few drops of green food coloring and 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract...


Cream together the cream cheese and margarine...


Add the powdered sugar a little at a time or you will be covered in white...


Lastly add enough food coloring for your desired shade of green and the peppermint extract.  Depending on how minty you prefer the frosting to be you could always add more extract.  Once the cookies are completely cooled then frost with the peppermint cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips...


These are perfect for St. Patrick's day or any day.  I think my children will have some happy teachers tomorrow!!!  Sweet mint-

No comments:

Post a Comment