Friday, March 23, 2012

New Baby Gift Idea...Initial Wall Art

I seem to have a handful of friends having babies these days (I love it).  It makes me reminisce about that time in my life and wish I could transport myself back there.  I love babies and although I can't have anymore...I am certainly happy to be able to surround myself by others.  Although it was an exhausting time in my life...I absolutely loved it!!  Babies are so precious and until you have one of your own you never really understand how much you will love them or how much they will consume your everything (in an amazing way).  Being a mom is the single most important thing that I will ever do and I am so glad that I was blessed with my precious babies...who really aren't babies anymore. :( 

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a fun gift idea that I made for a baby boy (Onesie Cupcakes) but two of the new babies are sweet girls.  I wanted to do something different for them and these turned out extra adorable.

I started with two 8x10 canvas that I purchased at Micheal's, two pieces of fabric, ribbon, buttons, stapler and my very loyal glue gun.


I began by cutting my fabric so that it would wrap around the canvas...


I then began stapling the fabric tightly, starting on one side and moving to the opposite...then fold the last two sides to make a nice edge...


The ribbon comes next...begin at one side and then make your bow and secure on the other side...


Now for the pattern.  I used color coordinating buttons and glued them onto the material with my glue gun.  I made a heart on one and an initial on the other...


I love the way each of them turned out...


I hope that they find the perfect spot on the wall of their precious nurseries.  Although they are two separate gifts they would also look great together.  Sweet babies-

No comments:

Post a Comment