Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No-bake Cookies

Is it bad that yesterday my diet consisted of 7 (yes you read that right...7) no-bake cookies and a diet coke?  I did drink some hot tea and water but that was it...chocolate cookies and soda!!!  I swear that sometimes I just really don't know what comes over me!  They were just so good and nostalgic...it reminded me of my sweet mama and when she used to make them which I have decided is a perfectly good reason to eat 7 of them for my entire daily caloric intake...right???  Please agree with me because that is basically all I have for an excuse!


Now I worry because they take like an entire 10 minutes to make that I might mindlessly find myself in zombie mode whipping up no-bake cookies every single day.  What in the world will I do then?  I'm really worried and because I don't want to be alone...I am sharing my over indulgence with all of you!!!

When I say they only take 10 minutes I might be exaggerating because it could be more like 5 (even scarier).  To make them you will need 1 stick of margarine, 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, 3 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 3 cups of oatmeal (I used quick cook) and 3 Tablespoons of milk...


In a sauce pan melt together margarine, sugar, milk and cocoa until it comes to a boil.  This way the sugar will dissolve and the cookie won't be gritty.  While that is melting put 3 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of peanut butter in a large bowl.  Once the mixture in the sauce pan is ready, pour it over the oats and peanut butter and stir.  From there it is just a matter of scooping them onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and letting them set up...which only takes about an hour...


Seriously they are that easy and I know that most of you have all ate them and most likely even made them before but I am telling you....MAKE THEM AGAIN!!!   Join me in the no-bake cookie diet and enjoy yourself!  Sweet cookie-

No comments:

Post a Comment