Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Sugar Cookies...Linzer

Life has been crazy...between some major stuff going down in my little ol' life and fighting a sinus/ear infection, I have been laying low.  I am excited to be back and feeling better...so lets get with it!

Valentine' Day is fast approaching.  So in honor of the day about love I am going to show you a handful of different ways to transform a simple sugar cookie into something new and different.  The great part is that none of the cookie posts this week require frosting, tips or a bachelors degree in cookie decorating.  They are simple and easy for even the beginner.  For all of these recipes I am using the Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie Recipe that I posted before Christmas because it is so dang good. 



Linzer cookies are simply two sugar cookies cut in the same shape and sandwiched together with jam in the middle but the top cookie has a smaller cutout in the middle.  This is where you can see the delicious jam peeking through.  I have used two different sizes of heart cookie cutters but you could use any shape of cutter.



To begin I cut my cookies out of the cookie dough and then cut the middle out of half of them.  Bake at 375° for about 8 minutes or until the cookies are just beginning to turn a subtle brown on the bottom. 

I then let them cool and get everything to put them together...



You will need cookies, jam (of your choice) and powdered sugar.

Then you just simply spread a small amount of jam on the whole cookie (leaving a small border around the edge and place the cookie with the cutout on top.  From there I sprinkle with powdered sugar and they are ready!!


Perfect for a neighbor, teacher or yourself.  Sweet hearts-J

2 comments:

  1. Another great job from a sweetheart herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam!!! I feel the same way about you!!

    ReplyDelete