Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Holiday Confusion

So my poor little house has a major case of holiday confusion.  It is a real ailment...I promise you!!  The inside is decorated for St. Patty's Day and my front door is now adorned with an Easter wreath!  I feel really bad...what a dilemma that must be for my home.  What are we celebrating?  Does the lady that lives here have some issues?  These are the questions that I am SURE my home is asking and probably my kids but they never say a word.  They are used to mommy's craziness!  The rental...not so much.  As much as I feel bad I just couldn't help it...my wreath was calling me for a makeover.  The poor thing has had red berry garland on it since early December.  A change was needed ASAP!  It was an emergency!

To make my front door complete I use the same grapevine wreath all year long and just update it for the holiday or season.  This year I found these cute speckled eggs at Joann's for 40% off and knew it would make an adorable new outfit for my wreath.  I just used my glue gun, raffia and a little ribbon to finish it off.  Here is how I did it...


I used my hot glue gun to randomly adhere each egg to the wreath...



In some areas I added two...


Once I was happy with the layout I added a little more raffia and some seasonal ribbon.  Look how cute it is on my front door...


Poor little house anyway...soon enough it will be time to decorate for Easter and then all will be well again.  Sweet wreath-

No comments:

Post a Comment