Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Second Time Around-Venison Taquitos

Yesterday I showed you a quick and easy crock pot recipe using deer/elk meat to make a delicious French Dip.  Today I am going to show you what I made with the leftover meat tonight and it may even be more amazing than the first recipe.

Second Time Around Venison Taquitos are fabulous and because the meat is cooked and ready to go it only takes a few steps to have dinner on the table.  Don't you just love dinners like that?  I gush over meals that are delicious and on my table in less than 30 minutes.  I may be a little crazy about things like that but you can't tell me that it doesn't make you smile...even if it is just a little!  Mom's are just programmed that way.

I start out with 4 oz. of cream cheese in a large bowl that I have microwaved for about 30 seconds to soften.  To that I add the leftover shredded venison (about 2 cups), 1/4 cup of salsa, 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican mix), 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice (I used 1 medium sized lime), 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.  See...EASY. 


I then roll about a an 2-3 tablespoons of filling onto each tortilla.  I used flour but you could definitely use corn tortillas.  I like to microwave the tortillas for a few seconds before I use them so that they will roll up easy and not crack...


Place rolled up taquitos seam side down on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Then spray tops lightly with additional cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.  Once all of the taquitos are rolled up you pop them in the oven at 425° for about 15 minutes or until crisp and ends start to brown.  Serve with some fresh guacamole...we are talking perfection!  Sweet leftovers-J

No comments:

Post a Comment