Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pre-Trick or Treat dinner...the plan...

For three years now I have selfishly invited my friends and their sweet babies over to my house for dinner before they head out to find treats.  I realize it is a win-win situation...I get to enjoy children who still like to dress up (since Tater & Tales don't anymore) and they don't have to plan or make dinner.  When you want to steal (not really physically...mommy moments that I don't get anymore) peoples kids you have to feed them first...funny how that works.

Every year I try to do something new and this year is no exception.  I will say this though...I don't feel as prepared as I do some years!!!  I haven't even done my shopping (lunch hour chore) and the desserts are going to have to be store bought items that I "dress up".  It is crazy how huge life changes can do that to you. 

The menu is always where I start.  I have to do something that both parents and kids will like.  It has to be something that I can throw together pretty quickly or prepare ahead.  Most importantly...it has to be something that I can name something seriously gross (cause it is Halloween and it is a requirement).

Here is my plan:

Dinner-
 
Crock Pot Chili Bar w/yummy fixings
(Fritos, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado & onion)
 
Mini Corn Dog Muffins w/ketchup
aka-Dead Dog Muffins w/blood
 
Olives aka Witch Warts
 
Mini Dill Pickles aka Ogre Toes
 
Cheese Puff Curls aka Petrified Pig Tails
 
Dessert-
 
Brownie Bite Spiders
 
Marshmallow Pops
 
I'm not sure that all of the kids will love the Chili but it will be nice for adults to grab a bowl and fix it however they like.  It will also be nice to throw everything in the crock pot before I leave for work.  I find that the kids are so hyped up for trick or treating that they can't even think about dinner too much.  Hopefully they will eat a Dead Dog Muffin or two.

So there you have it.  Tune in Friday to see how it turns out.  Sweet dinner-


No comments:

Post a Comment