Friday, November 1, 2013

Pre-Trick or Treat Dinner...Year 3

On Wednesday I gave you sneak peak at the menu for the night.  The Crock Pot Chili was an excellent idea.  It took me about 5 minutes to throw together in the morning and then it was just a matter of setting out bowls and toppings (that some of the guests brought).  So easy and so good.
 
 
The Dead Dog Muffins were easy and so good alone or dunked in chili.  Anything that kids can grab and eat in two bites seems to be a hit.  To make them I just cut Little Smokies in half and placed each piece in a mini muffin cup and poured corn bread batter over the top.  They only took about 11 minutes to bake...throw some blood (aka ketchup) on the table and watch them disappear.
 

Some of the kids favorite items are the things that I do every year.

Witches Warts (olives)...I need to remember to buy double what I think I will need...kids need one for every finger every time they decide they want some.  Ogre Toes...Dill pickles are disgustingly better when they are toes...
 

Cheeto Puffs...Cheetos are a hit on their own...name them Petrified Rat Tails and watch them get gobbled up...
 

No meal at my house is complete without dessert...

The spiders are just store bought brownie bites that I added a little frosting, chocolate sprinkles, edible eyeballs and chocolate legs to.  To make the legs I put chocolate chocolate chips in the microwave to melt and put the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag, snipped the corner off and made a thousand (not really but it felt like it) V's on wax paper.  They need to be refrigerated to set completely.  I had planned on using thin black licorice string but couldn't find any so I had to go with plan "B" which actually turned out so much cuter.  I think they may just be my most favorite Halloween treat EVER!!


I had planned on doing marshmallow pops but decided to do donut skewers instead.  Two store bought donut holes topped off with a ghost peep is tasty and festive.  Especially when served in a clear glass with holiday candy..
 

I finally got to use my spider web tiered cake plate that I bought last year on clearance!!  I realize that I'm easily excited or at least that is what Tater told me.
 

I also decided last minute to make Candy Corn Punch...
 

It was so fun.  Fill a clear glass with ice, pour Orange Crush soda until the cup is 1/3 full, next slowly poor yellow Gatorade until cup is 2/3 full, lastly slowly pour Zero Calorie Lemonade Vitamin Water until the cup is full.  Be sure not to mix it up so that you can have the fun affect.  The layers will stay separated because the sugar content in each drink is different.  Pretty cool!!

The best part of the night is always the sweeties.  I love having them over all dressed up.  So cute...
 
Strawberry Annie...

 
 
Moss the Hunter...
 

 
Football Playin' Hannah (great team choice!!)...
 
 
Aubrey Belle...
 
 
Flapper Girl Hailey...
 
 
Scary Lanie and Punk Harley...
 
 
And a little adult entertainment...Lori is such a luck girl!! :)
 
 
I hope you all had a safe Halloween.  I can't wait until next year!!  Sweet Halloween-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment