Friday, November 15, 2013

The best sugar cookie frosting...

I will admit...I have been a real blogger flake this week.  I don't really want to make excuses but trying to get everything together and ready for the Happy Horse, working full time, baking, kids, finding time for my Darb, keeping my house up (which I am failing miserably at) and what seems like 10 thousand other things...I'm COMPLETELY wiped.  To say that I am overwhelmed would be an understatement (although I truly wouldn't have it any other way and I am completely grateful for all of it).  But enough with all that...lets get to what you came here for...

This week my only baking order was 4 dozen decorated sugar cookies for my sister Aimee and a football banquet she was going to.  There is nothing better than a cute and tasty sugar cookie in my book.  My cookie recipe has cream cheese in the dough and stays soft and delicious for days.  Here is a look back at my Sugar Cookie recipe.  In fact if I were to pick my top 5 recipes that one would definitely make the list but lets face it...frosting can either make or break even the best sugar cookie recipe.

For years I felt like I didn't have a good icing recipe for my cookies.  That was until I found this
Glace icing tutorial on one of my very favorite blogs, Our Best Bites.  I love it because it hardens and you can stack them easily.  All other recipes I had used just didn't set up as nicely as this one.  It is also really easy to work with and only has 4 ingredients.

Here is a look & terrible photo of the football and jersey cookies that I did...


I have decorated a lot of cookies and this frosting is the only one I will EVER use now.  Sweet icing-

No comments:

Post a Comment