Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chocolate Covered Pretzel & Caramel Cookies...

This time of year makes me happy for a number of reasons...

1-Fall is a beautiful time year.
2-Football...Football...& more Football.
3-Stores carry fun baking items that aren't there any other time of the year.
 
A few weeks ago while in Medford, my sister, Jenn & I were in Walmart and I just had to look at the baking section.  This time of year there is a special area in the middle of aisles between the clothing and food section that has a number of seasonal items.  Cinnamon baking chips, gingerbread mix and caramel bits...to name just a few.  I was so excited (it's a food blogger thing) to be able to purchase the caramel bits because I have been thinking of this recipe for a while and they just wouldn't be the same without them.
 
To make them you will need a chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 1/2 cup Caramel Bits and 1 cup of chopped Chocolate Covered Pretzels (my favorite)...
 

Mix together the cake mix, oil and eggs.  The dough will be thick...


Add and stir in the Caramel Bits.  Aren't they so cute??...


Roughly chop the Chocolate Covered Pretzels and try not to eat them all before they get added to the dough or you have to chop more... 

 
Once all of the ingredients are added then begin forming the cookies.  You could use your hands and roll them into 2 inch balls or use a scoop (like I did).  Either way works great...the scoop is just faster.  Once on the cookie sheet use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a cup to flatten slightly...


Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.  Don't over bake.  I know that I sound like a broken record when I say that but I promise you that it makes for a much softer cookie.  Cool on the cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes and then move to a cooling rack...

 
The result: An irresistible cookie that is both sugary and sweet (my favorite combination).  By using a cake mix the ingredient count is only 5 items...tell me...what could be better than that.  Enjoy.  Sweet & Salty-





 

No comments:

Post a Comment