Monday, May 20, 2013

Monkey bread...

When my babies were small I made them breakfast EVERY.SINGE.MORNING.  They would wake up and head directly to the table with their blanket in hand ready for something yummy.  Most days Taylea's hair was styled with syrup instead of hair spray, which only added to her cuteness.  I refer to those days as "the good ole' days" because I didn't work and let's face it...my babies were adorable.  Spending those years at home with them is something that I treasure.  It is also a fact that although I love them still...they are now bratty teenagers!!!  I want those sweet faces back...I want them to wake up in the morning and ask me, "Mama, what's for breakfast" with the cutest grin on their faces.  Why do they have to grow up and be teenagers???  Why??? 

On Saturday night I had three extras.  You see, teenagers can't do much without a friend or two and mom's just aren't cool anymore...that is until they want breakfast.  What do you feed 5 growing kids for breakfast?  Monkey bread...of course.  Now I'm sure that I could of thought of something a little healthier but I just went with it.  When you are feeding three girls who think that guzzling Mountian Dew and eating copius amounts of Smarties is a great way to hype yourself up enough be wide awake until 4 a.m., it just doesn't matter.


To make it you will need a bundt pan, 2 rolls of refrigerated biscuits, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 heaping teaspoon cinamon, an additional 1/4 cup cinamon, 3/4 cup or 1 1/2 sticks melted butter and 1 cup brown sugar...


Begin by cutting each biscuit into 4 pieces...


Add them to a gallon size ziploc bag that you have put the instant vanilla pudding mix, sugar and heaping teaspoon of cinamon in...


Working in batches, coat the biscuits with the mixture and transfer to the greased bundt pan...


Do this until all of the biscuits are coated and your bundt pan is full...


In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter...


Add the brown sugar and remaining cinamon.  Mix until it is smooth...


Pour over the top of the coated biscuits...


Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 28-32 minutes or until the top is browned the biscuits are no longer doughy...


Let it cool for about 5 minutes and them invert it onto a large plate...


Then serve it to 5 ravenous teenagers and hope that you might get a bite.  Sweet teenagers-

No comments:

Post a Comment