Friday, May 17, 2013

Weightloss Friday...

Hi, I'm June and I am a cookie-aholic.  "Hi June."  I post recipes about chocolate chip cookies instead of my weight loss journey...I crave cookies instead of an apple...I didn't exercise on Tuesday, I made chocolate chip cookie dough instead...they were so good that now I dream of them...mini chocolate chips make me happy...I licked the bowl after they were gone (just kidding...really...I'm just kidding)!!  I NEED AN INTERVENTION. :)

Sometimes I really wonder how in the heck I am going to be able to blog and loose the weight I want to?  I have decided that it will be hard but I CAN do it.  I'm determined to do both!!  It may take me a little longer and I am going to need an exceptional amount of will power but I WILL do this.  The good news is that even though I ate a cookie (or two) I am down 7 pounds which is 1.5 pounds for the week.  Making good choices 95% of the time and getting my exercise in is working...slowly...but I will take it.

I truly believe that completely depriving yourself of sweets only leads to a binge of overindulgence or at least it does for me.  Once or twice a week treating myself to a serving of something sinful is not going to kill me but it may slow things down a bit.  I also believe that if I want to get this weight off for good then it is going to take time.  It didn't attach itself to my hips over night and so I shouldn't expect it to come off that way.  Doing it the right way with healthy eating, moderation and exercise is the key as well as the patience to stick with it.

Right now I am having a love/hate relationship with hiking.  I love getting the fresh air early in the morning and I absolutely love how I feel when I am done but I hate getting up early!!  I know I have said this before and I will most likely say it everyday for the rest of the summer but I do...it is just the way it is!  Luckily the love is out weighing the hate right now because it is tough.  It has taken me 3+ weeks to make it to the top of the hill.  My poor cousin Amanda has had to take breaks with me and go to the top of the hill by herself every single morning but on Monday I finally made it.  My breaks at the hard spots is slowly becoming less and I freaking made it to the top!!!  I'm making progress and I love that feeling.  I've also noticed that on my runs I have more endurance and I am sure that adding the hike to my routine is the reason.  Each day I am getting into better shape...each day I am making progress...each day I have to tell myself that I can do this and each day I do...even while eating a chocolate chips cookie (or three).  Sweet success-

No comments:

Post a Comment