Monday, October 21, 2013

Broccoli and Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes...

I will admit that making twice baked potatoes can be a little time consuming.  Let me also say this...it is worth it!!  These might not be feasible on a weeknight, but for Sunday dinner, I think...YES!  For some reason I don't cook potatoes very often.  The fact that I suffer from a huge case of "side dish brain freeze" doesn't make that seem very logical.  Potatoes=side dish...I need to remember that and add them to my shopping list...like ASAP.

Most of time I see twice baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese and bacon but I wanted to do something a little different.  I was serving them with a roast so I thought that veggies would be a great idea.  I happened to have broccoli and mushrooms on hand...so that is what I went with.

To make them you will need 4 baking potatoes, 4 oz. of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of chopped mushrooms, 1 cup of broccoli (cut in small florets), 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese...


To make the process easier I baked my potatoes early in the day at 375° for 45-50 minutes but you could certainly bake them right before dinner.  Let them cool completely...


When it is dinner time you need to cut a small hole in the top of the potato...


It makes it so much easier to scoop the insides of the potatoes out...


I just put the inside of the potato in a bowl as I scrape them out with a small spoon...


I sautéed the mushrooms and broccoli over medium heat in about a tablespoon of olive oil until they were soft and added a clove of minced garlic to them the last minute of cooking...


Add the vegetable mixture and the rest of the ingredients to the potato in the bowl, add salt and pepper to taste...


Mix until the cream cheese is incorporated through out the potatoes...


Take the potato mixture and stuff it back into the empty potato skins, top with additional cheese and bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or until heated through...


I'm ready for Sunday to get here already...they were too good not to make again.  Sweet taters-







No comments:

Post a Comment