Friday, October 18, 2013

Rustic Wedding Cake...

This past weekend I had the privilege of baking, decorating, and displaying the wedding cake for the sweetest couple.  When the bride and I had first talked about the cake she knew that she wanted a rustic feel.  A year ago I had made cupcakes for a wedding that we both attended and she wanted something along the same line.  Here are a few photos of the cupcake display that was our inspiration...

---
 
---

This time it was going to be a three tiered cake.  The bride had given me free rein to do whatever I wanted.  It is nice to have such a easy bride but it can be hard at the same time.  Her wedding day is one she will remember forever and you don't want to screw it up.  There can be a little pressure.

I will admit that it wasn't until the day of the wedding that I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I had thought about having each layer be separate and then decided that wouldn't make the statement I wanted and I went ahead and stacked them.

I wish that I had taken photos of the actual reception area because the decorations were so simple and yet perfect.  Hay bales, deer antlers, old brown and purple bottles, wheat, white lights and flowers filled the room so sweetly. 

Here is what I did...
 

The cake topper and flowers were provided by the bride.  I loved the topper because it was different and fit the décor of the reception perfectly.  The little burlap banner was so cute and the band of burlap on the middle layer of cake really made it come together...
 

Instead of putting the cake directly on the table I decided to put it on top of a couple of old crates.  It really made the cake the focal point.  Mason jars filled with coordinating flowers, deer antlers, a grape vine wreath and another small crate completed the table...
 
 
 
I really love the way it turned out and so did the bride.  Congratulations Justin and Denise!!  Sweet couple-

No comments:

Post a Comment