Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peanut Butter and Fudge Bars

Last week I showed you photos of the Hog Feed that I hosted for the high school football teams.  One of the desserts that I made were Peanut Butter and Fudge Bars...drool!!  Most kids love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate so I knew this would be a good choice and although I usually like to try a recipe out before I serve it to a crowd...there was NO time!!!  Luckily they turned out perfect and were SO stinkin simple to put together.


To make the Peanut Butter layers all you need is a yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine, 2 eggs and 1 cup of peanut butter...


Mix the four ingredients together and press it into a greased 9x13 pan, being sure to reserve 1 1/2 cups for the topping...



For the fudge layer you will need 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine and 2 teaspoons of vanilla...


Combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and margarine in a saucepan over medium heat until melted.  Once the mixture is melted then remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and combine.


Pour this over the the peanut butter crust and crumble the remaining peanut butter mix over the chocolate layer...


Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 25 minutes (do not over bake).  Cool and cut into desired portions.

I have to admit that the boys didn't eat a whole lot of dessert...they were more into the meat and potatoes (crazy I know).  I may have ate a 1/2 the pan few myself, so take by word when I say this to you...THEY WERE AMAZING.  So delicious and because they the base for the recipe is a cake mix they came together in no time.  A definite "Make Again" recipe.  Sweet fudge-

1 comment:

  1. June, I made these for my fam and they LOVED them! Thanks for the recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete