Friday, September 7, 2012

Teenage Room Make-over Part 2

In my world making over a room is a process...sometimes a longer process than I had hoped for.  I still have a little sewing to do, a headboard to make and a painting project but the good news it that she is moved in.  Once all of the painting was finished I put her room back together...the poor girl needs somewhere to rest her extra tired head!

I hung a curtain rod that I already had above the window and the shower curtains that we purchased at Target were hung with shower curtain rings that match the rod...


It ended up being such a great idea...for $30.00 Tales has an amazing set of curtains that frame the window and match the paint perfectly.

Then I started moving furniture in.  I flanked the bed with two white cubbies that she already had in her room before.  The new bedding really pulls the look together...


To each of the side tables I added the yellow place mats and lamps (which were also purchased at Target).  I think they really balance the wall and give it such a grown up look...


To update the mirror that she already had I added some coordinating ribbon...


Tales is already loving her chalkboard closet doors.  They are so fun and so easy to change...


So far the room is really coming together!  I'm excited to get it finished and move on to my next project!!  Sweet process-

No comments:

Post a Comment