Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Thoughts-Week 38

Week 38-Today is a new day!!

Today marks the day in which I take back my maiden name of Albertson. 

Today I am officially June Anne Albertson...AGAIN!! 

I have to say that I have really went back and forth on changing it.  My children have their father's last name (as they should) and so I worried that changing my name back would disconnect me from them.  When I was first divorced I thought that I would always keep my married name unless I was lucky enough to find someone to marry again...but time passes and feelings change.  Lately I have had a need and want to move on from the marriage that has drug me face first through the mud!! 

 I have also realized that my last name does not define my relationship with my sweet babies...they know who their MAMA is!! 

For some strange reason changing my name back to Albertson gives me a chance to be myself again and not be weighed down by the residue of a failed marriage.  It was something I needed to do for me and lets face it...as a mom we don't get a lot of opportunity to do that.  After talking to my children and taking time to explain my reasoning in doing this, we (my kids and I) decided that it was the right thing to do. 

I am happy today...I am at peace today...I am glad that today is a new day and that I have my new/old last name. 

Sweet Albertson-

No comments:

Post a Comment