Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Flying the Blue and Gold...

This Friday night is Tater's first high school HOME football game.  I am prepping for it this week in a couple of ways.  First of all my Mom and I are hosting the "HOG FEED" on Thursday night (with the help of some other sweet mamas).  It is a dinner that parents do the night before home games to get the players together, feed them some great grub and get them pumped up!!  More details of the night will follow soon.  Then I decided that I needed to do a little something at home.  So to get in the spirit I decided to spruce up the front entry of my house. 


I started by making over the wreath outside.  Now it is covered in blue, gold and football ribbon along with a pendant I made that says "HONKERS"...


Then I purchased a yellow mum (from my favorite place-Bloomers) and nested it in a galvanized bucket that I found at an estate sale a few months back for almost nothing.  It not only screams fall but it also matches the color scheme perfectly...


To the plant that I already had on my garden chair I added another pendant with the #77.  I attached it to two wooden skewers and stuck it into the plant.  A little more ribbon and the addition of one of Tater's footballs completes the look...


We are officially ready for the big game.  Watch out Burns!!!  Sweet football-

No comments:

Post a Comment