Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Weather

It is winter?  Isn't it?  My chair that nestles in my flower garden says so but nothing else in my yard does.  It is a balmy 56° in Lakeview today.  My poor yard and everything that lives in it is so confused.  We usually have 3-6 inches of snow right now but instead we have beautiful blue skies and much loved sunshine.  My poor puppy wants to play outside...he doesn't want to be in the house!  He wants to sniff around the yard and chase the birds (who by the way are loving the weather as much as I am).
There are buds on the trees...

 
There are new starts on my rose bush...


There are flowers blooming...

You won't hear me complain...I am LOVING this weather.  Lakeview winters can be hard to bare, so a little peak at springtime can really rejuvenate ones soul.  The sunshine puts an extra skip in my step and a bigger smile on my face.  I love not having to stoke a fire all day and wearing just a sweater outside.  I know the snow is coming (it always does) but I (and my yard) will be enjoying the amazing weather for as long as God will grace us with it.  Sweet sunshine-J 

No comments:

Post a Comment