Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Decorating with antiques...

As I have expressed before...I love to decorate my home!!  I would say that my style has quite a country flair.  I love antiques and unique pieces from the past.  My passion for antiques really only started in last year or two and now guess what...I'm obsessed (shocker).  I am always on the look out for items that catch my eye.  I like to take them and use them in fun and different ways from their original use.  Here are a few ideas!

I love old crates, I like to use them on my buffet to create height or to become shelves in my home...




Or how about an old metal lunch box (like my dad used to use) that is now a plant holder...



I use an old milk bucket from Lakeview Creamery to nestle burgundy colored twigs that I find outside...

And instead of putting bottles in the soda crate I stand it upright for height on the floor...


One of my favorite pieces is a old wooden box with a iron handle that was once used to hold mill wright tools and now I fill it with items on my dining room table, it makes a perfect centerpiece...



This old meat slicer is worn and rusty (just the way I love it), I have it leaned against a tall cupboard in my kitchen to extend the high ceilings...


An old crock by my fireplace is both beautiful and a perfect place to store my kindling and newspapers...


I love adding touches of the past in my decorating and breathing new life into them.  Every antique has a story from the past, the worn edges and scuffs only add more character and love.  Kind of like all of us, we may be have a few wrinkles and grey hair but it only adds to our personality and life story.  How do you use antiques in a new way?  Sweet antiques-J

No comments:

Post a Comment