Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gender Reveal Party-Part 2

Finally it was the day of the party.  It was a work day which can be a little challenging but because I planned ahead it was simple semi-simple.  I worked hard and got the final food prep done, did last minute cleaning on the house and got everything finished just in time for the guests to arrive.  It was a wonderful evening with an amazing group of women all chomping at the bit to see what the gender of sweet baby Paz would be.  Here is a look at the final details...

The guest of honor and her precious mother...
 
 
A look at the desserts...
 
 
The cake was complete with a banner that I made from wooden skewer sticks and scrapbook paper...
 
 
I displayed the owl pops in an old sewing machine drawer that I put foam into and covered with moss from the Dollar Store...
 
 
To make the pops I used a mini tulip cookie cutter and sucker sticks.  I baked the cookies right onto the sticks and decorated them...
 
 
Another addition to the desserts were fun sized Hershey Bars that I colored with pink and blue...
 
 
Her is a look at what I served for dinner...
 
 
Both the Taco Salad and this huge bowl of Chinese Chicken & Spinach Salad were big hits...
 
 
The guests were to wear pink or blue depending on what they thought the gender of the baby would be.  To take it a step further I did a chalkboard at the entrance with some old wives tales to let the guests look at and see if they thought their guess was correct...
 

Finally it was time to cut the cake and let everyone bite into a cupcake to see if it was pink or blue...


And the baby is a...BOY!!  Congratulations Ben and Katy!!  I wish you a lifetime of happiness and joy.  Sweet boy-

No comments:

Post a Comment