Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Weightloss Wednesday...

My first weight loss Wednesday post was at the beginning of April...which is almost 5 months ago. To be honest I was hoping at this time I would be at my goal and hit the maintenance mode...but I am not.  I have lost 15 of the 30-35 pounds that I set out to loose.  To me 15 pounds is a hard number...you haven't exactly lost enough weight for it to be noticeable or for your clothes to be falling off of you.  Victory is mostly on the scale.  That is not to say that I am not happy with 15 pounds...I have worked really hard for that number!  My point is that loosing weight is such a hard process.

Staying motivated when progress is slow can be difficult.  Averaging 3 pounds a month isn't anything to write home about.  I was often discouraged and ready to give up.  The one thing I have learned above all else is that...you can not out exercise a bad diet.  To get healthy and loose weight you need to exercise but if you aren't eating right then exercise alone is not going to do it for you.  This has been my biggest struggle and it took me about 4 months to really get it.  At this rate I will have reached my goal by January...I'm hoping it doesn't take that long.

In other news...I only have one month left of training for my half marathon.  Runs will be getting more frequent and longer as each week passes.  I'm glad that softball will be over tonight so that I can concentrate solely on my running.  Playing softball and training has really taken a toll on me.  My muscles haven't gotten the time they need to rest which has left me pretty tired and sore.

Note to self:  Training for a half marathon is hard enough...don't add another physical activity to it!! 

Sweet 15-


No comments:

Post a Comment