Monday, August 26, 2013

Brownie Sundae Bar...

You may already know that my Tales had a birthday last week.  As a mom it is crazy how our roles and duties change as we parent.  When my kids were younger I had a theme and party planned weeks (months...if I am being honest) in advance.  There was a guest list, invitations, cake, favors, pinata, and a ton of gifts.  Now that they are teenagers I don't get to do that anymore...you know...they would be embarrassed!!  It is hard for me to not go there...especially with Pinterest.  Now I just have to sit, pin, and imagine the parties I could throw if only they weren't TEENAGERS!!!  So sad.

Gifts aren't really even fun anymore.  One pair of Miss Me jeans and my budget is pretty much maxed out.  I used to be able to spend $100.00 and get a handful of fun things and now it buys a measly pair of pants (although they are cute).   Nobody even asks what they want anymore...I think it is a given that teenagers want and need money.  Yep...cold hard cash is where it is at and that is just no fun at all.  So sad.

I don't even get to send out those cute invitations that go with the theme and say things like---Party location:  Taylea Pearl's house.  You know what I'm talking about...the one's that were hand written and precious.  Now I just make a few phone calls or face book a handful of people and the invites are taken care of.  They don't even want friends over...just family.  I feel like I need to feed the guests dinner just to entice them to come because lets face it...teenage parties SUCK!!  So sad.

So because I love a good party and obviously I'm sad that I don't get to have them anymore I decided to at least try to make a fun dessert.  These days I take whatever I can get!!  Brownies are always a hit...so I decided to add a few yummy ice creams, candies, sprinkles, caramel, chocolate syrup and let the guest create their own master piece.  The best part...I served them in mason jars.  Tell me this...what isn't better in a mason jar??

First...here is a picture of the birthday girl with a "hundie" (slang for $100.00...so I'm told)...
 
 
Thank you Papa B & Grandma Football!!!
 
Now on to dessert.  I lined everything up so that each guest could create their own yummy masterpiece...
 
 
Mini Oreo's & Sprinkles??  Yes, please...
 
 
Tales favorite candies...M&M's & mini PB cups...
 
 
The birthday girl combined a bit of everything...
 
 
Tater went for all chocolate...my kind of guy...
 
 
Hannah was ready to dig in...
 
 
The best part about it...it was easy & the guest loved them.  Thank goodness I can still have a little fun. :)  Sweet sundae-


No comments:

Post a Comment