Monday, April 23, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I have literally been wanting to make this cake for months!  I have just been waiting for the perfect time because I know myself well enough to know that if I don't have other people to help me eat it...well then I will eat it ALL!  No help involved...terrible...I know!!  So Easter dinner seemed like the opportunity I have been waiting for and it was every bit as delicious as my taste buds thought it would be.  I am already thinking about the next time I can make it...breakfast in the near future sounds good to me!!

To make the cake you will need 3 cups of flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1½ cup milk, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/2 cup of melted margarine.  For the Topping you will need 1 cup of margarine softened, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons flour and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon...



First mix all of the cake ingredients together except for the melted margarine.  Once mixed slowly add the margarine until combined and pour into a greased 9x13 pan...


For the topping mix all of the ingredients together until well incorporated...


Then drop evenly over the top of the cake...


Using a knife, swirl the filling through the cake...


Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 28-32 minutes (mine took the full 32).  While baking mix together 2 cups of powdered sugar, 5 Tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and while still warm pour over the cake...


It was a huge hit...this was after only a few minutes.  I was sure to bake it just before I headed to dinner and on the ride out I covered it in foil to keep it warm...

It would be perfect for a potluck or Sunday morning brunch.  It was just as scrumptious as a cinnamon roll but took A LOT less time to make.  Enjoy!!  Sweet cake-

No comments:

Post a Comment