Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creating a Chalkboard for your home...

For a while now I have wanted to make a chalkboard to use in my home.  I have heard of chalkboard paint but have never bought any until this last weekend.  I happened to be in hardware store for another item and came upon a can of chalkboard spray paint...it was calling my name (REALLY, I could hear it)...so I added it to my cart.  When I arrived back home I knew instantly what I wanted to paint first.  It was this a old platter that I found at an estate sale a few weeks ago for $1.50.  I began by taping up the edges, so that I could keep the yellow border...


Then I decided to make a trip to the antique store to see if there was anything there to paint and I found the large green platter.  I taped the edges of this one as well...


So I must admit that because I was so excited to get these spray painted that I totally forgot to take pictures of the actual spray painting.  I think I have a bit of crafting A.D.D.!  I apologize!  To walk you through it...I just laid down a $1.00 plastic table cover from the Dollar Tree outside, out of the sun and started spraying away.  They both took about 3 coats to completely cover and get this...

This one will be perfect for a cupcake table at a bridal shower this weekend...


This one looks perfect on an old garden chair by my front door...


The green one didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped because some of the paint came off when I took off the tape...bummer!!  I used a little craft paint to cover it with red and although you can still see it...I like the rustic look.  They will be perfect around the house and for parties!!  I can't wait to see what things I decide to use them for.  Sweet chalkboard-

No comments:

Post a Comment