Monday, April 9, 2012

Smores, babies and Easter...

First of all I loved every minute of the weather here in Lakeview over the weekend!!  The little break from the wind and snow really let me fell like spring was in the air and set the atmosphere for some very fun things.  It all started on Saturday with the arrival of Tater and Tales 4H pigs...


Aren't they so adorable??  I just love baby pigs!!

Then it continued with a cookout at my sisters.  My brother-in-law made some righteous burgers and later it was time for Smores around the fire.  There is something to be said about your first Smore of the year...it made my heart skip a beat and my mind wander to camping plans for the summer.  Since I was large and in charge of the Smores and decided to mix things up a bit...


I brought the stand by graham crackers and marshmallows but in addition to the plain Hershey's bar, I also included Peanut Butter Cups (Tales and my sister Amus' new favorite) and Cookie's and Creme candy bars as well.  They were YUMMY!!!!!


I also got to meet a few of my Graders (aka Grady) new baby chicks...


And GeGe's (aka Shelby) baby calf Cletis...


The next morning the Easter bunny visited...


He even hid eggs outside for Taters and Tales.  My sweet Tales is always the first one to find all of her eggs...


Tate on the other hand, well he is a boy and let's face it...unless it is literally on his lap he most likely won't find what he is looking for!  Luckily after a little help he was able to find his last one...


Here is my new bunny bowl with fresh pineapple and strawberries for breakfast...


I also made deviled eggs and a Cinnamon roll cake (recipe to follow this week) for dinner at my Mom and Dad's...


Can anyone say salad??


As you can see it was a full weekend of fun and food.  I hope you all had an amazing Easter weekend as well!!  Sweet Easter-

No comments:

Post a Comment